Stink bugs have a specific creepy ability to slip into the attic insulation and ceiling during the early autumn (for their hibernation) to seek shelters. Stink bugs like to squeeze through the loose siding and crawl into wall gaps, roof, windows, doors cracks, vents, and other inaccessible areas in large numbers. But how do you kill and get rid of stink bugs in the attic, ceiling, and roof insulation?
What Kills and Get Rid of Stink Bugs in The Attic Instantly? There are many approaches (home remedies) and products on the market you can adopt to get stink bugs out of the attic. Most home remedies to kill stink bugs out of the attic required a mixture of water (or hot water) with dish soap and vinegar. You can also use detergent or nicotine with water.
These are other fast and effective ways to kill and get rid of stink bugs fast: Like using insect electrocution systems, insect vacuums, insecticide concentrates, bug foggers, deltamethrin dust products, and our recommended simple tasks that will keep stink bugs far from your attic.
- 9 Best Home Remedies to Get Rid of Brown Stink Bugs Infestation
- 7 Top and Best Dogs Safe Roach Killer Products Ever
- Brilliant Ways to Get Rid of Stink Bug Smell on Skin, House, Furniture, Dog. . .
- Best Ways to Keep Stink Bugs Out of Chimney and Fireplace
Top Products to Kill and Get Rid of Stink Bugs in the Attic Now
Whall Handheld Cordless Vacuum Cleaner (with LED Light)
Power Portable Home Electric Stink Bug Trap
Hot Shot Fogger6 to Eliminate and Kill Stink Bugs in Attics
Telescopic Extension Extendable Ladder for Your Attics
Breath Buddy Respirator Mask (Reusable Plus Safety Glasses)
Waterproof Battery Powered by Floating LED Flashlight for Your Attics
How to Kill and Get Stink Bugs Out of Attic Using Insect Vacuums
Insect vacuums are one of the best and effective ways to kill and get stink bugs out of the attic for average homeowners worldwide, especially in the US.
You can easily remove and get rid of many stink bugs in your attic, ceiling, and roof very quickly and fast using the insect vacuums that are meager cost and very cheap in many online stores right now.
The use of vacuums to remove and get out pests and stink bugs in homes is growing in popularity. Insect vacuums contain disposable containers and cartridges that will suck up bugs. Some special vacuum even has a non-toxic sticky gel to trap, kill and get stink bugs out of the attic quickly.
There are varieties of hand-held, cordless, rechargeable, and battery-powered insect vacuums multiple and unique hose accessories that make it easier to sucked stink bugs out of crevices, Attic, ceiling, roof, and cracks around your windows and doors.
Below are our top recommended insect vacuums to kill and get rid of stink bugs in your attic insulation:
BISSELL Featherweight Lightweight Bagless Vacuum (with Crevice Tool)
Handheld Rechargeable Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
How to Get Rid of Stink Bugs in the Attic Using Insect Electrocution System
Another fast way to kill and get rid of stink bugs in the attic insulation is to use the insect electrocution system, also known as “bug zapper.” All you need to do is to position and set up an insect electrocution system in a dark attic and start having stink bugs amass.
Stink bugs are naturally drawn to UV bright light visual, and if you leverage that, you can use the bright white light (which is the most attractive stimulus) to kill and get stink bugs out of the attic, ceiling fan, and your roofing insulation.
Ensure you place the insect electrocution system (bug zapper) device in the dark attic or your ceiling insulations. The light will be extremely tempting in the dark attic.
You can lure the stink bugs and another insect into the bug zapper. The stink bugs will get electrocuted as soon as they get close to the insect electrocution system without the chance to release their terrible smell.
Bug zapper will help you to lure and eliminate stink bug infestation in the attic fast. You can then use your insect vacuum to sweep all the dead stink bugs in the attic and your roof insulation. It is critical for you always to clean the bug zapper within days to maintain the effectiveness of the devices and optimum results.
There are lots of Bug zapper in the markets, below are our top recommendations:
BLACK+DECKER Bug Zapper (Electric UV Insect Catcher)
- It is an excellent pests catcher and Killer.
- Deals with stink bugs and all kinds of home pests
- You can easily hang the Lantern with the provided chain and ring in your attic to kill enough stink bugs
- A non-toxic UV technology that will lure pest and sink bugs seamlessly.
- It is safe for your pet, kids, and people.
- Can use the collection tray to collect the dead stink bugs in your attic insulation.
- You can easily replace the bulb.
- The zapper bug lures more bugs than any other stink bugs killers in your attic and ceiling.
Power Portable Home Electric Insect Trap
- Total protection against stink bugs and all kinds of pests
- The Electric Insect Zapper came with a highly effective UV light designed for indoor use to eliminate stink bugs and other pests
- It will cover 20 square meters of your attic and any indoors
- Odorless, Noiseless, and environmentally friendly to your pets, kids, and human.
- The power bug zapper is ready to go full 365 days/year and very easy to use
- It is designed to attract, kill and hide the insect body. No poison is needed to kill bugs.
Eliminate and Get Rid of Stink Bugs in the Attic Using Insecticide Concentrates
Insecticide Concentrates what kill and get rid of stink bugs and any pest instantly. Most pesticide concentrates formations are available and comes in the form of either liquid or powder form. It is why most producers and brands make them in a different formation to suit your usage.
You are to decide and choose the formation that is best for your need. The Insecticide is made in concentrated form and contains a high concentration of insecticides that should be diluted and mixed with water before application.
The concentrated insecticide formation comes with more value, such as you can get 16 gallons of pesticide spray from 16 ounces concentrate. It is economical to use insecticide concentrates when dealing with stink bugs in a large attic ceiling insulation area.
***What Is the Best Insecticide Concentrates to Get Out Stink Bugs in Attics***
Which is the best Insecticide Concentrates to get rid of stink bugs in the attic? The ready-to-use (RTU) formulations are the best Insecticide Concentrates that you can use to kill and get rid of stink bugs in attic insulation, and at home are the ready-to-use (RTU) formulations. They often contain 1% or sometimes less active ingredient volume.
The (RTU) insecticide formulations are aerosol (A), granules (G), and baits (B). They are already diluted and sold in containers to apply them directly to treat bugs and pests. They are in a small unit and will release their pesticides when the nozzle valve is a push (or triggered).
Insecticides concentrates are in different forms with their abbreviations for formulations and type and are being produced by different brands, and they are in the following categories:
- Emulsifiable Concentrates (EC), e.g., Cynoff EC and Demon EC.
- Micro-Encapsulated Concentrates (CS), e.g., Onslaught and Demand CS.
- Suspended Concentrates(SC), e.g., Tempo SC and Suspend SC.
- Wettable Powders (WP), e.g., Cynoff WP, Cyper WP, Tempo WP, and Demon WP.
Below are the best and our top recommended brands of Insecticide concentrates that will kill and get rid of stink bugs infestation instantly in the attic:
***Kill and Get Out Stink Bugs in the Attics Using Tempo SC Ultra***
Tempo SC Ultra is another strong and potent insecticide that will kill and get rid of stink bugs pretty well in the attic. Tempo has been named in many research and science studies. One of such is by CABI, the Department of Entomology, Kansas State University.
Tempo is safe because it is made from chrysanthemum plant methanolic extracts that are not harmful to pets and humans. It is known to have a lot of residual effects and will keep working even years after being used in your attic to get rid of stink bugs and other pests.
How Long Does Tempo Take to Kill Stink Bugs?
Tempo is made from pyrethrin that is naturally in many chrysanthemum flowers. It will attack the nervous system of pests and insects on contact, and they often lose their movement and coordinate ability very fast due to gradual paralyzes. It has an average kill of 30 seconds and will provide continuous protection for months.
How to Apply Tempo SC Ultra to Kill Stink Bugs in Attic?
Tempo SC Ultra will kill over 60 pests, and that includes stink bugs. Tempo SC can be used both outdoor and indoor. Be sure to spray roof and ceiling frames, attic insulation such as where pipes, cables, and wires are the channel through the wall structure of your building. You must also focus your spray on cracks, crevices, and gaps where stink bugs can harbor.
Below are recommended Tempo Sc Ultra products in different forms:
Tempo Sc Ultra Premise Pest Control Spray
Bayer Tempo Insecticide Concentrate
Tempo WP Ultra Pest Control Insecticide (14.8 oz, 420g) Powder
Bayer Tempo Ultra WSP Insecticide (50g Packet)
Tempo SC Ultra (32ml Bottle)
***Kill and Get Out Stink Bugs In The Attic Using Cyzmic CS Insecticide (8oz)***
- COSMIC CS is a micro-encapsulated concentrate suspension
- It contains the active ingredient Lambda-Cyhalothrin (9.7% Lambda-Cyhalothrin ) combine with the innovative CapVantage technology.
- Used for perimeter and structural control of pests safe for pets, kids, plants, and humans.
- The use site includes indoors like an attic, animal housing, ornamentals, and outdoor perimeter
- Highly effective for stink bugs and series of stubborn pests like
- Has long-lasting residual, knockdown pest very fast with little to no odor
***How to Use Demon Max Insecticide Pint to Kill Stink Bugs (25.3% Cypermethrin)***
- Demon Max Insecticide will work for over 30 different kinds of pests. It is excellent for stubborn insects and pests like stink bugs in the attic insulation, crack and crevice.
- It is a multi-use product for general pest control outdoors and indoor holes, crevices, and cracks treatments.
- Has active ingredient 25.3% Cypermethrin cypermethrin to kill, control, and get out stink bugs.
***Kill and Eliminate Stink Bugs In Attic with Syngenta Demon WP Insecticide (9.5g of 4 packets)***
- Syngenta Demon WP is an excellent insecticide for cracks, crevices, and on-spot applications.
- It can be purchase as either Demon WP 1 lb. Jar (12 envelopes to make over 48 gallons of solution) or as an envelope of 4 water-soluble packets
- Made up of Permethrin 40%
- It cannot be ship to CT and NY
***Kill and Eliminate Stink Bug Infestation in Attic Using Cy-Kick CS Insecticide (16oz)***
- Cykick CS can be used both indoor and outdoor and will kill and get stink bugs/pests out of the attic.
- Cy-Kick CS Controlled Insecticide is the multi-use one that is often used by the professional.
- It keeps killing pests for 90 days on a row and in full throttle
- The Cy-Kick CS is unique because of its SmartCap Micro-Encapsulated Concentrates technology.
- The main active ingredient is the Cyfluthrin 6.0%
- that help creates residual effects and lethal dosage on bugs and pests.
- The SmartCap Technology also protect exposure to pets, kid, and humans and the plant phytotoxicity and staining
- Cy-Kick CS Controlled Insecticide is the multi-use one that is often used by the professional.
- It can not be ship to New York.
How to Block Stink Bugs from Getting Into Attic Insulation
Proper maintenance of your attic insulation is key to preventing stink bugs, pests, and bugs from entering your home. There are many things you need to avoid and do to have a great attic. Below are essential for excellent attic condition:
***How to Get Rid of Stink Bugs Using Attic Hatch Insulation Cover***
Attic Hatch Stairs is the large opening in your ceiling that leads and gives you access to the attic.
You may know it as the square or removable rectangle parts of the ceiling. Proper maintenance of your attic and the use of solid and adequate attic hatch stairs insulation cover will ensure the appropriate regulation and circulation of heat in your home.
You must insulate your attics with an attic hatch insulation cover for stairs. The scuttle hole ought to be closed and seal properly. It will prevent the entrance of stink bugs into your home even if you have the infestation without knowing.
You often find pests and stink bugs along the attic insulation crevices, holes, cracks, gaps, and corners that are not correctly sealed. You need to protect your attic with a quality Attic Hatch Insulation Cover and adequately packed.
Other pests that may take advantage of your low-quality and unprotected attic insulation include spiders, bats, bees, termites, bed bugs, rats, snakes, and most pests and animals that seek shelter and warmth.
Is your attic access opening a knee-wall door, attic hatch, or the pull-down stairs type? There are varieties of attic hatch insulation cover that are cheap and can be bought online for your home base on the Department of Energy’s recommendations.
Below is our top recommendation for attic hatch insulation cover:
Panady Attic Access Stairs Insulation Cover (for Attic Access, Ladder, Or Stairway)
- It is energy efficient and will work year-round.
- Easy to handle, set up and install in minutes, a DIY setup product.
- Come with high-quality zippers with heavy-duty with easy access
- Class A fire resistance product with HVAC efficiency and 15.3 R-Value
- The attic door cover help block the heat transmission by reflecting 97% of the radiant heat
- It can be used as attic access, ladder, or stairway insulation cover
Attic Stairs Insulation Cover
- Came with staple gun, staples, installation manual and guides,
- The attic door insulation cover will block the heat and air circulation between the room
- All tools for installation are available for easy DIY installations.
- The tent cover will reflect 97% of the radiant heat
- The attic tent cover is adequate, with two layers of thick foil and heat-insulating bubbles that are waterproof and fireproof.
***Use Attic Fans to Get Rid of Stink Bug ***
Are attic fans worth it? Many people do not believe that attic fans work. An extra attic space is an excellent advantage if you do proper maintenance and equip it with high-quality attic fans.
But what is the relationship between your attic fan and stink bugs? How do attic fans help you get rid of stink bugs in the attic?
It is the function of your attic fans to control the temperature of your attic. An unregulated temperature will always invite bugs, pests, and other dangerous animals like snakes that like to get shelter provided by the warmth of your attic. A home without attic fans will cause moisture build-up that can damage your store items and the structure of your attic insulation in no time.
You need attic fans to help ventilate the space, circulate the air, and control the temperature so that it is close to or just like the outside temperature. The difference in the temperature invites the stink bugs to the attic, ceiling, and roof insulations. It is your attic fan that keeps and control.
You need any high-quality attic fans for your considerations:
iLiving Wall Mounted Exhaust Fan
How to Kill and Get Rid of Stink Bugs in the Attic Using Bug Foggers
Should you spray stink bugs in your attic and ceiling? If you need a fast result that works like fire, then sprinkle them hard but with Hot, Shot Fogger to kill and get rid of stink bugs in attic insulation.
Will a bug fogger kill stink bugs? Yes, foggers or bug bombs and any suitable insecticides will quickly kill and get rid of stink bugs in the attic. It cannot prevent the bug from gaining entrance again into the attic. It is only reasonable to use a bug fogger on stink bugs in the attic after you must have identified and blocked their initial entrance.
Using Bug Foggers is more cost-effective than employing a professional exterminator to help you eliminate stink bugs in the attic and your ceiling insulation. The foggers are the best DIY approach to kill and eradicate stink bugs in the attic without employing a pest control professional.
***How Do Foggers Bombs Kill Stink Bugs in the Attic?***
Foggers or bug bombs kill contacts, stink bugs, and other pests in crevices, cracks, and unexposed voids that foggers will not affect. The fogger ingredients, i.e., pyrethroids, Cypermethrin, and Permethrin, will only kill bugs on contact. Foggers may not affect stink bugs and other pests in hiding.
The use of foggers is dangerous and unsafe for pets, kids, people, and the environment. You must observe precautions before using Foggers Bombs in the attic to kill stink bugs.
A fogger is only to be used in an enclosed like your attic. You can not use it in an open space like outside of your home. Using an indoor fogger in an open space violates pesticide labeling law, i.e., Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA) law. Such an act can get you into serious trouble.
***How Many Foggers is Okay for 1,000 Cubic Feet of Attic?***
You can budget the number of foggers you need to eliminate stink bugs in a specific attic because foggers work based on the square feet it covers. The standard rule is to use one Fogger for a room (i.e., 1 fogger for 500 square feet). 1,206 square feet of the attic will require 2 foggers minimum.
It is essential to know the square feet of the attic to be treated for the stink bugs infestation before buying the foggers bombs.
***Top Bug Foggers to Kill Stink Bugs in the Attic***
There are many Foggers products of various brands, below are our top recommendations that we are sure will help you kill and get rid of stink bugs in the attic and ceiling insulation.
Hot Shot Fogger6 With Odor Neutralizer (Top Pick)
- Hot Shot Fogger will kill stink bugs in the attic on contact
- Came with odor neutralizer to take care of stink bugs smell
- Will keep killing bugs and stink bugs for up to 2 months
- Hot Shot Fogger will not stain and leave messy residue and wet your attic.
- Kills both seen and hidden stink bugs and many other bugs in the attic insulation, crevices, ceiling, and roofing gaps, cracks, trailers, basements, barns, etc.,
- Should only be used to kill stink bugs in the attic and any of the following indoors boat cabins, garages, attic.
- A can of Hot Shot Fogger will treat 2,000 cubic feet of attic.
Johnson Fogger (35oz 3pk)
Zodiac Room Fogger (3-Ounce, 3-Pack)
- Zodiac fogger will kill stink bugs and many home bugs in your attic and ceiling insulation.
- It will prevent bug infestation for seven months
- 3 pack treats will treat and cover over 1,125 square feet
- It is odor and sticky mess-free
Raid Concentrated Deep Reach Fogger
- Raid Concentrated Fogger will keep a broad range of insects
- Formulated for severe bug problems like stink bugs
- It keeps on killing stink bugs for up to two months
- A Raid Concentrated Fogger will cover 625 square feet
- It is non-staining and will not mess up your attic and ceiling top
- Raid Concentrated Fogger will kill and get rid of stink bugs, and other insects in cracks, crevices, insulations, both seen and not sighted bugs will impact
Raid Max Fogger
- Raid Max Fogger will kill stink bugs and other pest wherever they hide.
- The bug-killing fog will be penetrating get too hard-to-reach crevices, cracks, and those hard-to-reach
- No wet and messy residue will be left in your attic
- A 2.1 OZ will treat 7000 cubic feet
How to Kill and Get Rid of Stink Bugs in the Attic Using Deltamethrin Dust
Deltamethrin Dust is another potent insect control you can reliably use to kill and get stink bugs out of your attic very fast. It is excellent for a vast and open space indoor, like an attic and ceiling stink bug treatment.
You have to verify and be sure you have stink bugs living in your attic. Observe extra care when using deltamethrin on insects and pests because of the toxic effect.
Delta Dust application is in dry form, and you can easily spread it around the attic insulation quickly. The delta dust product is what you can rely on to avoid liquid bug control to protect your roofing wood and insulation. It is great for cracks, gaps, crevices, and holes where stink bugs hide in the attic insulation.
If you applied Deltamethrin Dust using a modern bulb duster and, as instructed on the label, the stink bugs won’t be able to move around anywhere in the attic without acceding to the treatment. The use of a bulb duster will help blow the delta dust over 20 feet to cover more area within your attic that includes crevices, cracks, and gaps in your ceiling insulations.
The Deltamethrin Dust will last between 6 to 12 months for one treatment. It will also kill other bugs and pests and can be used on both wet and dry surfaces. Hence there is no need for regular treatment compared to when using the aerosol spray. Deltamethrin insecticides are so effective that there are much research and ongoing studies of pyrethrin insecticides.
There are different companies and manufacturers of delta dust, below are our top recommendations for your considerations:
***Delta Dust Multi Use Pest Control Insecticide Dust***
***D-Fence Dust – Insecticide***
***Bayer Tempo 1% Dust (1.25 lbs)***
- Bayer Tempo works on a range of pests and bugs.
- Treatment will service for a long time of up to 8 months.
- Bayer Tempo is excellent for killing and getting rid of stink bugs and other bugs in wall voids, crevices, gaps, and hidden locations in the attic.
- It works and is very active in moist locations and the environment.
- Will not ship to New York, California, and Connecticut.
***Bayer Delta Dust Insecticide Dust-1 lb***
How to Keep Stink Bugs Out of Attic Using Caulk and Seal
How can stink bugs get into your attic? Stink bugs will get into your attic, squeezing through wall voids, crevices, gaps, false ceilings insulation, and those locations within your attic insulation that is not accessible to human and pests’ control. Stink bugs always become active and will emerge from their hiding location within your attic as soon as the heat season kick in your location.
Below are processed to prevent stink bugs from getting into your attic insulation:
***Caulk and Seal Сrасks to Keep Away Stink Bugs in Attic***
The first step to keeping off stink bugs and unwanted pests from having access into your attic is to seal off as many entryways as possible. Use caulk to seal cracks around your attic doors and windows, use the screen to protect the vents in attics, seal off potential entry points in the attic with steel wire mesh.
Check out the exterior of your home and look for holes or openings that need to be covered instantly. Most especially if your home is close to significant farms or you reside in rural counties. Ensure you cover every inch of space around the edges of windows and doors that can breach the seal.
3 in 1 Silicone Caulking Tools（with Stainless Steelhead）
Other things to protect and prevent stink bugs from your attics are:
***Remove Attractions and Trim Trees Around Your Home***
Your attic is an easy target if you have overhanging tree branches and a bushy environment around your home.
Ensure tree limbs, vines, and overgrown bushes are far from your building structure. They easily attract stink bugs and other pests to your attic via cracks and openings around the buildings. You also secure your chimney with a great cap with high-quality wire mesh that is rust-proof.
***Arrange and Organize Your Attic Stores ***
Many homeowners have stuff store in their attic. Ensure your attic is well arranged and organized to prevent any hidden place for bugs and other home pests. Use plastic storage bins rather than cardboard.
***Weatherstrip and Seal Your Attic Door***
One great way to protect and prevent stink bugs from accessing your attic is to seal off and weatherstrip your attic doors. The knee door is poorly insulated and has gabs most time. Weatherstripping with a latch will help you pull the gabs tight together to achieve a solid seal.
You can also opt for construction adhesive with screws to bind the insulation properly to your attic door.
Weather Stripping Door Bottom Seal Strip (New Updated Silicone Seal)
Essential Tools Required to Get Rid of Stink Bugs in the Attic
There are various masks for your protection and safety while getting rid of stink bugs in the attic. Below are our top recommendations:
Trend Stealth Reusable Half Mask Respirator
- You have less breathing resistance
- Less Inward leakage and clogging pressure
- Offers protective grill covers with 100% of filter surface
- It will protect you against welds, oil aerosols, fumes, airborne particles, and mist.
- The grill protects filters from moisture and particulates.
Breath Buddy Reusable Professional Respirator Mask (Plus Safety Glasses)
- The breathing protection help you breathe with ease
- Filters blocks vapors and fumes, dust, pollen, and any particles in the air
- The mask is reusable with a powerful filter with a pair of glass, one particle filters, and organic vapor cartridges,
- It fits and helps you to be comfortable while you are up in the attic to kill and get out stink bugs
- You will get a crystal-clear vision while using this reusable professional respirator mask
- The manufacturer guaranteed any feeling of organic chemical vapor.
***Protective Eyewear for Pesticide Applicators***
Your eye protection is essential in pest safety because your eye is sensitive to chemical pesticide exposure. You must read the label on any pest control before application. Different types of Eyewear will help you conform to pest control measures to kill and get rid of stink bugs in attic insulation.
It is critical to follow the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) on eye protection (ANSI Z87.1-2015). Various type of Eyewear includes safety glasses, goggles, and face shield. Recommended Eyewear for pesticide and use in killing and getting rid of stink bugs in your attic, ceiling, and roof are:
DEWALT Safety Goggles (Clear, Anti-Fog, and DPG84 – Insulator)
- Protects from any extreme hazards like working in the attic and ceiling, construction, lawn & garden, etc.,
- Good anti-fog safety goggles with anti-scratch coating for strenuous tasks.
- You have solid protection with the soft rubber gasket that creates comfortable droplets, seal against splash, dust, and debris.
- It came with a cloth and secure custom head strap that is adjustable to fit.
NoCry Safety Glasses with Clear Anti Fog Scratch Resistant
- These safety glasses will not slip off your face in any way
- It is excellent and can be worn all day long
- Has the highest industry standard for UV protection
- Its lens is well coated and will shield your eye from 90 to 100% of any dangerous UVB and UVA rays.
- You can use the glass in any condition, such as indoors, outdoors, in a frozen environment, or while blowing glass.
DEWALT Dominator SAFETY Glasses (With Clear Lens)
- It came with a Polycarbonate lens with high impact.
- The temples have a rubber-tipped that is non-slip and very comfortable to use.
- It Protects against 99. 9% of harmful UV rays
- The nosepiece rubber provides longer and comfortable wear.
***Locate Stink Bugs In The Attic Using UV Flashlight***
It can be challenging to locate and discover the stink bugs hide out in your attic, roof, and ceiling insulations. You need an excellent UV flashlight to do the job for you. They are exceptionally so cheap in your local stores.
Below are our UV Flashlight recommendations for use in your attic and roof insulation jobs:
Escalate UV Flashlight Blacklight Detector (Stink Bugs, Pet Stains, Bugs and Pests)
CANDICE LED Rechargeable Flashlights (High Lumens Waterproof with 6000mah USB Power Bank)
Flashlight with Portable Ultraviolet Lights (Light Detector for Bugs and Pets Urine Stain)
Dorcy Waterproof Battery Powered Floating LED Flashlight (with Carabiner Clip, Camping, Outdoors, etc.,)
***Target Stink Bugs in the Attic Using Foamer***
It is often challenging to get chemicals and pesticides into tight cracks and gaps where stink bugs and other pests and bugs are hiding. They usually hide in very hard-to-reach spaces. It is why you need to use Foamer to shoot the chemical and pesticides at them where they live.
You will fill up your sprayer with a foaming agent and shake to activate the foam (the below Pressure Washer will automatically start the foam). You can then point the nozzle to spray the pesticide to kill and target the stink bugs in the attic, wall cracks, window gaps on the roof, and ceiling insulations.
The pesticides foam will help the chemical stay along with the gaps and cracks of the wall at the top of the ceiling and attic insulation for direct contact to pests and stink bugs.
Below are our recommended foam agents, sprayer, and Pressure Washer for your considerations:
Smith Performance Sprayers 2-Gallon Compression Sprayer
- Professional grade sprayer that will withstand any harsh chemical
- Made of stainless steel that exclusive poly lining with highest quality Viton seals for chemical resistance.
- The pump seals are easier and faster to change and repair within minutes without the use of tools.
- It comes with an efficient pump that required fewer pumps per gallon.
Tool Daily Foam Cannon with 5 Pressure Washer Nozzle Tips (1 Liter)
***Get Rid of Stink Bugs in the Attics Using Powder Bulb Duster.***
The bulb duster will help you dispense pesticides that come in powder form to target stink bugs and other pests in various holes, gaps, cracks, and crevices at the top of the roof, ceiling, and in the attics. It is a valuable tool to shoot the pesticides powder at the stink bugs infestation in the attic and your ceiling.
Below are our recommended dusters that can be hand-held for your use:
ASPECTEK Safe and Practical Powder Duster (For Bugs, Insect, and Ant)
Killigan’s Bulb Duster Insecticide Applicator for Various Powdered Insecticides and Pesticides)
***Use Gauntlet PVC Gloves to Handle Pesticides for Stink Bugs in Attic***
You need Gauntlet PVC gloves to protect yourself when handling pesticides and chemicals to kill and get out stink bugs in your attic and ceiling insulations. Ordinary gloves will weaken and disintegrate quickly as soon as they come in contact with pesticides and chemicals.
The best Gauntlet PVC gloves for getting out the stink bugs are those type that covers your arm fully and reaches your elbows. It is a legal requirement for the pest control team to use proper PVC gloves. Why not you?
Chemical Resistant Latex Heavy Duty Protective Rubber Gloves
Heavy Duty PVC Coated Chemical & Liquid Resistant Gloves
West Chester Chemical Resistant PVC Coated Gloves
***Strong and Durable Telescoping Attic Access Ladder***
You need an excellent telescoping attic access ladder. Below are our recommendations:
Yvan Telescoping Attic Access Ladder (Multi-Purpose Ladder Attic Access)
WolfWise Telescoping Attic Access Ladder (One-Button Retraction System & Multi-Position)
What Attract Stink Bugs to the Attic and Ceiling Insulation
The attic is that gap and space between your ceiling and the rooftop of your home. Stink Bugs are attracted to your attics because they are often equipped with enough insulation and heating and air conditioning equipment. An attic can also be referred to as a garret or sky parlor.
But why are Stink Bugs always hide in most insulation and attics in my homes? Stink Bugs will always seek the heated part of your home in the late autumn and winter. The availability of heat and enough space in your attics and walls is a comfortable breeding location for Stink Bugs to multiply and breed.
As soon a few Stink Bugs locate great attics and insulation, they release a pheromone to signal and invite other Stink Bugs. It is the reason they gather in large numbers, either dead or alive.
Why are stink bugs attracted to your attics and insulations?
***Stink Bugs Are Seeking Shelter in Your Insulation and Attic***
As the temperature drop in the late autumn and winter, the stink bugs will start to seek shelter in your attic insulations for what is known as diapause. The stink bug hibernation state is the time and period in its life cycle that they remain inactive. They remain non-reproductive and will not also feed until when spring comes in with warm weather.
Science and research show that stink bugs are not seeking to get warm, but when they go to diapause state, there is no food for them to eat, which slows down their metabolism and makes them go dormant for that period. It is time to manage the rise in the population of stink bugs in your attic and insulation.
***Stink Bugs Attract Other Stink Bugs to Your Attic and Insulation***
When stink bugs find a great place and location in your attic and insulation to shelter, they invite other stink bugs with a scent called aggregation pheromone. Then they release to invite others is different from the one they secrete that causes the awful stink bug smell in attic and insulation. It is what results in massive sight of stink bugs in the attic and insulations.
***The Light In Your Home will Attracts Stink Bugs to Your Attics and Insulations***
If you have lots of light surrounding your homes at night, you will be inviting stink bugs without knowing. The exterior light in your home at night will lead stink bugs to your attic and insulations in no time. You have the option to turn your outside light off, or you use light bulbs that repel stink bugs.
See different light bulbs options that repel stink bulbs in your attic and insulation in the body of this article.
***Loose Gaps, Cracks, Holes, Crevices Lead Stink Bugs to Your Attic***
Stink bugs will find any loose entry points like holes, gaps, cracks, and crevices to gain entrance into your insulation and attic. Your door and window frames are another point of entry for stink bugs into your attic, ceiling, and insulation.
***Rural Counties and Agricultural Fields Invites Stink Bugs to Attic and Insulation***
If your home is close to rural settlement, counties, green space, or your home is surrounded by natural materials. Stink bugs will get invited to the attic and insulation of any home with trees, shrubs, orchards, and farming features.
Stink bugs love to feed on your tomatoes, soybean, and corn in summer. It will invite them to your attic and insulation.
Conclusion: How to Kill and Get Rid of Stink Bugs in the Attic?
What do you think of different ways to kill and get rid of stink bugs very fast in the attic? To get out stink bugs quickly, you must be ready to apply what kills and eliminate them once and for all. They are the different ways narrated in this article.
You also get to know how to secure your attic insulations and block stink bugs from access your attics by doing the simple task that will keep stink bugs very far from your home and attic.
There are varieties of products and home remedies you can apply to kill stink bugs and prevent them from ever returning. Be prepared to know how to use insect vacuums, insect electrocution systems, insecticide concentrates, bug foggers, and our recommended deltamethrin dust products.
Please avail us your feedback if you also know other things that work for stink bugs in the attic.
This is a very informative piece on how to get rid of stinkbugs in the attic. I have a friend who has been dealing with this exact problem. I think the bug zapper is good and gets them before the smell. I have one concern and that is if the bug zapper can possibly start a fire in the attic? I am going to pass this site along to them so they can make up their mind on what course of action they want to take. Thank you for this info and have a great day.
Dear Justin, thanks for your comment on our site. The bug zapper has been UL-tested and according to the manufacturers, Bug zappers should not cause any fire hazard more than any other electrical devices that you use at home. I also love this bug zapper. It is not just a consign by only you. Many people have raised such concerns that could lead to Bug zapper starting the fire in the Attic.
You should however take precautions and ensure you follow the manual and instructions about the usage of the Bug Zapper. I will not allow it to own permanently in my attic just to kill stink bugs. It is good you keep checking your attic for bugs for evacuation.
Thanks again for your concern. You have many other options to eliminate, kill and get rid of stink bugs in the attic insulation.
John for My Appliances Hub.
Thank you for giving us these options. I was cleaning my attic and definitely need one of these. I have really liked the Electric UV Insect Catcher. A few weeks ago, a neighbor had mentioned it to me. But I was a bit concern about it affecting our pet or kids. But I should not have that concern.
Electric UV Insect Catcher will not affect your pet, kid, and human at home. Please ensure you sue according to the instruction as stated in the product manual. Ensure that it is not within the reach of your kid to pet. You however have many other options to kill and get rid of stink bugs in the attic.
Thanks for visiting our page.
John for My Appliances Hub.